Sunday, November 27, 2011

count your blessings...

...instead of sheep. This song, sung by Bing Crosby, is one of the songs that I rock Georgia to each night. It is one of Paul's favorites from his favorite Christmas movie, White Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to reflect on all your many blessings. We had a great weekend. It all kicked off on Wednesday evening. Paul and I hosted our 3rd annual chili night before Thanksgiving at our house. Our families came over and we had a great time just talking, laughing and playing with LC (aka Leighton Capri) and G. I don't have any pictures to show from our dinner, but I did want to share a recipe with you from the evening. A co-worker of mine made a rainbow chopped salad at a work party and I loved it so I made it to go along with our chili dinner. I was a little intimidated by the pomegranate since I've never cut into one, but I followed these directions and all went well. The salad was a hit!

Thanksgiving Day was filled with great company and great food all day long. I always love Thanksgiving. We had your traditional meal for lunch at my parents and then delicious smoked ribs at Paul's parents. We also attempted to take pictures of LC and G in their Christmas dresses. If only this was on video. There were at least four adults standing in front of the girls saying "look here" "cheese" "smile at granddaddy" ...all the while I'm waving G's light-up butterfly in the air to get her to look at the camera. Leighton was getting sleepy and Georgia was wet and hungry so you can only imagine how this went. I think we got at least one good picture of the girls though:)

I truly enjoyed a few extra days at home with Georgia. We did a little black Friday online shopping, some Christmas decorating and she has heard the story of Jesus' birth several times already - Grammy and Grandaddy recorded themselves reading it to her. On Saturday we took Georgia to get her first Christmas tree at our favorite little lot. It was unseasonably warm out. These are the only pictures I took the whole weekend, oh yes, other than those pictures of the girls:)




Merry Christmas! I hope you have had a great start to the most wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment