I have another dinner idea for you. I've made these lasagna rolls a couple of times and Paul and I really enjoy them. They are simple, tasty and make for a nice presentation on the plate so it would be a perfect dish for guests too.
What you need:
8 uncooked lasagna noodles
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 (8oz.) package of fresh presliced mushrooms
1 (8oz.) package of fresh baby spinach
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1. Boil the lasagna noodles in water for about 8-10 min. I added in just a little bit of olive oil so they wouldn't stick together.
2. While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach and minced garlic. I added in half of the spinach and let it cook down and then I added the remainder of the spinach. Saute' 5 minutes.
3. Once the mushrooms and onions are tender, remove from the heat and place in a bowl. Stir in both cheeses, salt, and the crushed red pepper.
5. Next, lay the noodles on a flat surface, spread 2 spoonfuls of the cheese mixture over each noodle and roll them up.
6. Place the rolls, seam side down, in a microwave-safe dish. Our plates are microwave-safe so I just went ahead and put them on the plates.
7. Pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over the noodles. I used Classico's tomato and basil pasta sauce. If you have homemade marinara sauce, I'm sure that would be wonderful too.