Monday, November 9, 2009

Asparagus with balsamic vinaigrette

I know that many are not fans of asparagus, but you should try this recipe. Paul said he never had asparagus growing up and one night, my mom was fixing asparagus for dinner and he was dreading it. To his surprise, he actually like them. I think it's mainly because how my mom fixed them. I think you'll like it too!
All you need is this
and these.
Cook asparagus as you normally would. I boil them in a little bit of water for about 3-5 min. If I had a steamer, then I'd use that instead.
Put 1/3 cup (if you're feeding more than 2 you may want to use a little more) of balsamic vinaigrette in a small saute pan on med. heat. Add a handful of sliced almonds. Heat until the mixture is slightly boiling.
Spoon the mixture over the asparagus.
Let me know if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment