Tuesday, February 21, 2017

inside our front door

I decided to paint the inside of our front door this weekend. I had been contemplating it for a while. I felt like our entry needed something else. I added neutral curtains to the front door because, as you can see, there is no privacy. The natural light is great, but at night and in the early morning, I do not want to worry about unexpected visitors seeing the craziness that can occur behind these doors:)  

Our dining room, which is  located to the left of front door, is painted a dark navy so I knew I wanted something that contrasted with the navy so I steered clear of anything blue. I chose Benjamin Moore Mopboard black. It is a soft shade of black which is what I was going for. I will say that the color probably looks softer on a wood door rather than on our metal door. I had to prime, then paint it at least 3 times to cover the whole door, but it still turned out great.  The power of paint never ceases to amaze me. It truly defines the space and adds a nice pop of contrast! 


Here are two 'before' pictures because who doesn't love a Before and After! 



After




Our house is always an ever-changing, work in progress, but I feel like this little space is starting to feel more complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment