Sunday, June 12, 2011

beach vacation

I'm still here and no baby yet in case you were wondering. We've just been at the beach all week! We had such a relaxing trip filled with good food, quality family time, sunshine, playing in the sand, reading and resting. I thought I would give you a chronological recap of our week, but I messed that up when uploading pictures so I'll be jumping around some.

Little Leighton in the sand.

For the past few years we have been going to Wild Dunes near Charleston, SC and have really enjoyed it. This year the house we stayed at was just perfect. We loved the decor and the layout was perfect for our crew of 7!


We spent lots of time at the beach playing and reading. Speaking of reading, I am truly behind - I've been a little preoccupied with reading pregnancy/baby books. My mom and sister have given me so many books that they have read. I don't know that I'll be able to catch up at this point. I read Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks this past week and really enjoyed it. Next up on the list is The Mountain Between Us and The Help (I'm sure you've all read this one by now).





We also made a trip over to the Greenway at Sullivan's Island. What a beautiful place.


The weather was great the whole trip, but the one sort of cloudy day we had we decided to venture to the SC Aquarium and then stop by Taco Boy for lunch (yum, yum!).


Movie night at Wild Dunes.

We have been to Charleston many, many times, but I don't think I've been on a carriage ride since I was maybe in middle school. Leighton wanted to ride/see the horses so we decided to take a carriage tour. It was such a great way to see the city and the historic homes. If you've never been on a tour, I highly recommend it.



Oh yeah! :)



I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. We always have so much fun together. What a great way to kick off the summer!


3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! That house looks wonderful! Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the navy dress!! and so glad you got to try taco boy! I hope you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber so good to find you in blog land!! I can see your family had a wonderful trip! A beautiful place to stay!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Join my amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete