Sunday, January 23, 2011

bless their nest

On Saturday my mom, sister and I threw a wedding shower for a dear childhood friend of mine. Emily and I have probably been friends since we were about 8 or 9 years old and I am just so excited for her. What a blessing marriage is!

My mom, sister and I had a blast throwing the shower. We went with a 'nest' theme and it worked well. The shower was a brunch so we had many tasty refreshments. I hope to share some of the recipes with you soon (that is, if my energy level ever returns:)

A couple items on the menu: homemade yogurt parfait, citrus salad with cannoli cream, bacon tartlets, blueberry scones, parmesan biscuits, and ham, cheese and spinach strata.



Yes, I tied the napkins with raffia.




Here Ashley and I are with the beautiful bride-to-be!

Here are our mothers in case you can't already tell.

What a lovely Saturday morning it was! Blessings to Emily and Philip!

1 comment:

  1. I made the blog!!! It was so beautiful and fun! I could not have asked for a better shower. :) I hope you do recover!

    ReplyDelete