Sunday, January 24, 2010

why the name

I just thought I would take a minute to fill you in on how the name 'wrapped in raffia' came about, just in case you were wondering. For my wedding, which will be two years ago in April, my mom and I made welcome gift baskets for our out-of-town guests.

We filled the galvanized pails with a handful of raffia along with a few yummy treats. Side note, bottled Cokes and Moon Pies are my favorite! Anyway, when I bought the raffia, I bought the largest pack that Michaels had. I don't know what I was thinking.
Ever since then, I have been wrapping all of my gifts in the leftover raffia.



I'm STILL using it, although my supply is starting to run low. Don't worry, I'll go get more. Anyway, that's how I came up with the name. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i HAVE been wondering, so i'm so thankful that you wrote this post. i love how the name came about.. :)

    ReplyDelete