This is a great dish for any night of the week. One of my best friend's mom gave me this recipe. She is a fabulous cook and I hope I'm half as good of a cook as she is one day!
What you'll need:
1 cup any small pasta (I used penne - that's what we had at the house)
2 tabs. olive oil
1/2 cup cubed chicken breast (1 in. cubes)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/8 teas. minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes w/ juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 teas. kosher salt
1/4 teas. pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Bring pot of salted water to boil - cook pasta as directed, then drain
4. Add onion and garlic and stir - cook until chicken is cooked through (5 min.)
5. Put the chicken mixture in with pasta. Add tomatoes, mozz. cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and stir.
6. Put mixture in a Pam sprayed baking dish (8x8x2)
7. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
8. Bake at 400 for 30 min.
9. Wash all your dishes while it's cooking so you don't have to worry about it after dinner.