Friday, April 21, 2017

peace in the valley

I started this blog 8 years ago and the main purpose was to document home projects and the day to day aspect of our lives. I have slowly included less and less personal posts, but I cannot help but at least pay tribute to my papa that went home to be with Jesus at the end of March. He was 91 years old and lived a full and rich life. He was a World War II Veteran, Husband to my Grandma Faye for 68 years, Semi-pro baseball player, Professional Bowler,  Author, Avid reader and sports fan, Father of five, Grandfather to 9 and Great-grandfather to 5. We celebrated his life on April 7. It was an honorable service. My sister and I had the privilege of singing How Great Thou Art together and my papa also requested that the song Peace in the Valley be sung. I was honored to sing it.  I had never heard Peace in the Valley, but it is a song that he loved and grew up with. 

I feel so fortunate that he was able to be at my wedding and meet both of my children. We will miss him dearly, but know that he is in the presence of Jesus! 


There will be peace in the valley for me, some day
There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
No trouble, trouble I see
There will be peace in the valley for me. 









No comments:

Post a Comment