Saturday, March 18, 2017

easy chocolate mousse


I have a super easy dessert recipe for you. Chocolate Mousse. I decided that I would try to make this for our New Year's Day dinner and it was a big hit with the kids. My kids are not big cake, pie or cobbler lovers like myself so I am always on the hunt for other dessert options. It is delicious, easy and makes for a nice presentation for adult guests as well. 

All you need:
1 pint Heavy whipping cream
10-12 oz package of milk chocolate morsels
Any fruit you want to add for garnish (we have used strawberries and raspberries)

1. Beat the whipping cream in a bowl on medium speed for about 2-3 min or until peaks begin forming (has consistency of mousse)
2. Melt your chocolate morsels. I literally poured mine in a microwave safe bowl and heated it for 1 min. 45 sec. 
3. Pour the chocolate into the bowl with the whipping cream. 
4. Fold the chocolate into the whipping cream (do not over-stir)
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour (if you can wait that long:)


I poured mine into ramekins before I refrigerated them so they are ready to serve. I would say it serves 6-8 people easily. 

Top with garnish and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment