Sunday, January 8, 2012

beef and carrot ragu

Here is a slow cooker recipe that you have to try. It is delicious and super easy which is what I need these days. My mom made this Better Homes and Gardens recipe one day and I liked it so I decided to try it myself. I think you'll like it too!

What you need:
1 lb boneless beef short ribs
10 cloves garlic (ok, I used 1/4tsp of minced garlic b/c that's what I had)
1 8oz pkg. peeled fresh baby carrots, chopped
1 lb roma tomatoes, chopped (I used 5)
1/2 6oz can tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
1/2 cup water or red wine



1. Trim fat. Cut beef in chunks and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place beef in slow cooker.
2. Smash garlic cloves. Place garlic on beef. Add carrots and tomatoes to slow cooker.
3. In bowl, whisk together tomato paste and water or wine. Pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.

I served it with extra wide egg noodles. We plan on having it again this week!

By the way, you may have noticed that I have rearranged some things on the blog. I hope you find it easier to navigate the recipes now.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. I'll be adding it to our menu next week! And I love the links to your topics... I've been planning to look up a recipe you posted a year or so ago and this will make it simple to find :)

    ReplyDelete