Friday, May 6, 2011

celebrate mom



Mother's Day weekend is already upon us. Moms are so special aren't they? I know mine is. As I am just two months away from becoming a mom myself, I feel nervous that I will never be the great mom that my mom has been and still is. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful mom to learn from though.

Mom, thank you for all the dreams you put on hold, the sacrifices you made that I saw and the many that I didn't see, the sleepless nights that you were up when I was a baby and the sleepless nights you were up worrying as I got older (you probably still have these:) and for all the love you have shown. I'm so blessed! I love you!

Also, I know that Mother's Day is a great day to honor our moms, but it can be a tough day for so many. I send my thoughts and prayers out to those who have lost their moms, lost a child, or desperately want to be a mom. I hope you feel love and encouragement on this special day too.

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. that is a great picture of your great mom! love this post and the tender salute to all who find this a particularly bittersweet holiday--you have always been so compassionate and it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete