Monday, August 2, 2010

kabobs and item for sale

Happy Monday. I hope it was a good one. We had chicken kabobs tonight and they were delicious so I thought I'd share the recipe. Paul and I started making these the first year we were married and have continued making them ever since.

What you need:
chicken breasts or tenders
1 zucchini
1 squash
1 onion
cherry tomatoes
italian salad dressing

1. Cut the chicken into 1/2 - 1 inch cubes and then place them in a bowl and let them marinade for about 15 minutes in Italian salad dressing.

2. Wash your zucchini, squash and cherry tomatoes. Cut the zucchini, squash and onion into slices.

3. It's time to put everything on the skewers! Alternate the zucchini, chicken, squash, tomatoes and onion on each skewer.

4. Set the grill to 350 and grill for about 15-20 minutes. I served it with rice.

While Paul was grilling dinner, I decided to take a few pictures of our bistro set. It's for sale! The deck is still not quite complete, but it's getting very close. Since many of the patio sets are now on sale, we decided to go ahead and get one for our new deck. I'm really excited about having more seating outside. We've truly enjoyed our counter height table and barstools, but we no longer have room for them. I'm going to put the set on craigslist next week for $100. The umbrella stand is staying with us, but the rest is for sale. If you are interested, email me at amberjpoteat@gmail.com and I'll give you the wrapped in raffia discount.


No comments:

Post a Comment