Sunday, February 14, 2010

weekend: rainbow chip and snow, the end of an era, and scrabble

As I mentioned in the last post, Paul's birthday was Friday. We celebrated with family and with lots of beautiful white snow Friday night. Paul's mom brought the cake, but Paul always requests rainbow chip cupcakes. He's a kid at heart, but who am I kidding. I love them too. In case you were wondering, the top of the cake stand came from here and the bottom from here.

Yes, we woke up Saturday to lovely snow. Luckily, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece decided to stay in Belmont for the night with my parents so we could play in the snow the next morning. And we did just that.
The circle of life! (if you watch Modern Family, that might be funny to you:). We love that show.

We made a snowman and it turned out really cute. While making the snowman though, Paul ripped his jeans, big time.
That leads me to 'the end of an era.' If you know Paul at all, then you know that he loves his light jeans. He would wear them every day if he could. Not just around the house, but out in public to a nice restaurant too. I bought him a couple pairs of dark jeans, but he would still pull out those light ones. I would complain, but decided early on that I would have to pick my battles and this was not going to be one of them.
Oh those light jeans.
I can still hear Paul humming 'Taps' while rolling them up and throwing them in the trash can. Meanwhile, I was singing the 'Hallelujah' chorus. Bye Bye light jeans, Hello dark jeans.

Luckily, we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on Saturday night, so that helped ease his pain:) We went to the movies, ate dinner out, and ended the evening with a little wine and Scrabble. What a fun weekend we had! I hope you were able to spend yours with those that you love.

4 comments:

  1. Les has THE SAME obsession with the light jeans!! He's had these 2 pair that I swear he's kept since HS (or earlier...) - One has a big hole in the crotch, of all places. He loves 'em. No matter how many more pairs I buy, he still reverts to these two that are "busted", for lack of a better term. I pray for the day they, too, rip in two.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will clarify right now. These jeans are not light. It's not like the are acid or white washed or whatever. They are regular jeans. I don't wear super light jeans. I repeat. THEY ARE REGULAR colored blue jeans. Not super light or super dark. Let's just clear that up right now. And that was a sad day. I'm not sure I will ever recover....

    ... Until I buy my next pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so funny, and the comment above from "Anonymous" is even more funny :) Great post! And I love Modern Family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same situation over here with the jeans (my husband that is)! So funny he anonymously defended himself. Love your cake plate! Looks so pretty paired w/ the other.

    Will you email me your address, I need to send you a little something :)

    ReplyDelete