Tuesday, September 6, 2011

georgia's first trip

We took Georgia on her first trip over the long Labor Day weekend. We headed to the mountains on Friday afternoon. Here is the only bag we had to pack for Georgia.
Haha! I wish. Our car was loaded down. We no longer travel lightly (pack n' play, moses basket, boppy, clothes bag, diapers, wipes...you get the picture). I was a little nervous about how she might do, but she did great. Our trip got off on a rough start with some car trouble and then that got Georgia off on her eating schedule so we had to make a stop, but she did fine despite the hiccups. We are just so thankful that she is a good car rider.


Saturday we enjoyed playing and picnicing in the park in Blowing Rock and walking around Broyhill Park.


Grammy and Grandaddy with their granddaughters!

We had some ice cream from Kilwins later that afternoon and it was yummy! Saturday night we celebrated my dad's birthday. I have no pictures from this. I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't be able to take as many pictures as I used to. Not that I don't want to, but I just have fewer opportunities now. If only I had more hands! Georgia got upset while we were out to dinner so my hands were full and I just forgot to take a picture. Paul and I are now used to not eating together. He holds her while I eat and then we switch. Hopefully we will be able to eat more meals together real soon:)

Sunday we ventured over to Sugar Grove and spent more time outside. The weather was lovely.

Time was spent playing on the playground. Yes, we all played on the playground and it was so much fun. I felt young and free again!


We ended our day at Grandfather Winery in Banner Elk, NC. It is a quaint and beautiful winery on the side of the mountain. The wine was delicious.






Happy Birthday Granddaddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment