Pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
Sorry for the blurry photo from my cookbook, but I forgot to take a picture of the finished product and if you are like me, then you need visuals too. This is a very simple and yummy dinner.
1 1/2 pounds ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh French bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound penne pasta
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Put the tomatoe halves in a large baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Spoon evenly over the tomatoes. Spoon the olive oil evenly over the mixture.
3. Roast the tomatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, browned, and slightly thickened.
4. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
5. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish. Add the basil and toss to combine.
I think adding chicken or grilled shrimp would be good with this too. Enjoy!